Thursday, April 7, 2011

X is for...

Welcome Song

Henrietta’s Basket: x-ray

Song: Be my echo (6 syllables x 2) excited and exit, exercise and excuse me

Sign Language: Letter

Flannel Board: X marks the spot (by Tammy Henry, April 13, 2010)

X marks the spot of the old wooden chest
Inside is a treasure, can you guess?
Dig under an A and there’ll just be an ant
Digging under the P a pair of pants
Dig under a B a bicycle you’ll see
And under the K a rusty old key!
Dig under C and find an old clock
Digging under R and you’ll just find a rock!
To find the treasure chest
Remembering this rhyme is best…
That X marks the spot!

Book: The fox and the hen (BAT)

Song: Have you ever seen a fox wearing socks? (rhyming song)
(To the tune: If you're happy and you know it)

Have you ever seen a fox wearing socks?
Have you ever seen a fox wearing socks?
No I never, No I never, No I never, No I never
No I've never seen a fox wearing socks

Nursery Rhyme/short poem: Turtle in a box

There was a little turtle,
He Lived in a box
He swam in a puddle,
He climbed on the rocks.

He snapped at a mosquito,
He snapped at a flea,
He snapped at a minnow,
And he snapped at me.
He caught the mosquito,
He caught the flea,
He caught the minnow,
But he didn't catch ME!

Book: The super hungry dinosaur (T-Rex)

ABC Chant

Good bye Chant

Enrichment: ABC dot-to-dot, blocks, Tic Tac Toe - play using X's and O's.

No comments:

Post a Comment