Friday, June 24, 2011

African Animals

Welcome Song

Wesley and Henrietta

Henrietta’s basket:  Toy giraffe

Flannel Board: Five Ferocious Lions

Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?
Five ferocious lions, roaring loud and clear.
“Roar” said the lions,
“Scat” said I.
And one ferocious lion ran away. Goodbye!

(Count down to one lion)
Deep in the jungle, what did I hear?
One ferocious lion, roaring loud and clear.
“Roar” said the lion,
“Scat” said I.
And the last ferocious lion ran away. Goodbye!

Book: Way far away on a wild safari (Peck)/Roar! A noisy counting book (Edwards)
I read "wild safari" on Wednesday and "Roar!" on Thursday.  I think "wild safari" went over better.


Stand-up song: H-I-P-P-O
(Tune: Bingo)

There is an animal in Africa
Who's big, who's large, who's enormous!
H-I-P-P-O
H-I-P-P-O
H-I-P-P-O
And hippo is its name-o

Rhyme time song

Rhyme:
A Giraffe is as tall as tall can be
He eats leaves right off trees
His legs are long and his neck is too.
And he can run faster than me or you.

Announcements:

Book: Rhino’s great big itch (Chivers)
Gorilla, gorilla turn around...

Animal Good-byes

No comments:

Post a Comment