Thursday, January 12, 2012

L is for...

Welcome Song

Henrietta’s Basket: Lego house

Song: Be my echo (6 syllables x 2) lemonade and ladder, library and light bulb

Flannel Board: One Little Lion

1 little lion, roaring in the zoo. Called for another: ROAR!
And that makes 2.

2 little lions, underneath a tree. Called for another: ROAR! ROAR!
And that makes 3.

3 little lions who heard a distant roar. Called for another: ROAR! ROAR! ROAR!
And that makes 4.

4 little lions, happy and alive. Called for another: ROAR! ROAR! ROAR! ROAR!
And then there were 5.

Book: The Very Lazy Ladybug (Finn and Tickle)

Song: I’m a little ladybug (from http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/LadybugBodyPartFeltBoardSet.htm)
(My note: sing to "I’m a little teapot")

I’m a little ladybug on the go,
I’m landing on an arm and then an elbow.
See me fly around and around your hand
watch as on your thumb I land.

I’m a little ladybug searching for some toes,
but instead I’m landing on your nose.
Now I look around and fly to your hair,
I muss it up a bit, then I pat it down with care.

I’m a little ladybug looking for a knee,
I’m just so happy that you aren’t afraid of me.
Now see me landing on your chest.
This little ladybug needs a rest.

I made thise felt ladybugs so the children could move the ladybug as the song directs.

This didn't go over very well...so Wednesday night I "wrote" the following...I liked it better, because I knew it better.  We still used the felt ladybugs though.

Ladybug Song
(tune: There’s a spider on the floor; words by Tammy Henry)

Chorus:
There’s a ladybug in the air, in the air
There’s a ladybug in the air, in the air
There’s a ladybug in the air, she flies without a care,
There’s a ladybug in the air, in the air.

There’s a ladybug in my hair
Try to catch her if you dare

[Sing chorus following each verse, if desired]

Toes
She stopped there for a doze

Thumb
Chewing bubble gum

Chin
It makes me stop and grin

Chest
Time to take a rest

Rhyme Time Song
Nursery Rhyme: Mary had a little lamb

Announcements

Book: The Red Lemon (Staaket)

ABC Chant

Animal Good byes

Enrichment: ABC dot-to-dot, lion (cut mane), lacing cards, lamb maze

No comments:

Post a Comment