Wednesday, July 4, 2012

N is for Night Shivers

An Outreach Storytime


Book:  Creak! Said the Bed by Phyllis Root

Fingerplay:  I'm Not Afraid
from 2012 Summer Reading Program Manual

I'm not afraid of the night
When my mom turns off the light.
If I see shadows on the wall,
I am not afraid at all.
If there are strange noises that I hear,
I am brave.  I have no fear.
Cause monsters aren't real and I'm safe in bed
So I think happy thoughts instead.
At night, I do not cray or scream.
I climb in bed and dream good dreams.

Book:  The Great Monster Hunt

Song:  Monster, Monster
from 2012 Summer Reading Program Manual


Monster, monster turn around.
Monster, monster touch the ground.
Monster, monster reach up high.
Monster, monster blink your eyes.
Monster, monster show your teeth.
Monster, monster stamp your feet.
Monster, monster slap your knees.
Monster, monster sit down please.

Book:  There was an Old Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment