Thursday, January 6, 2011

M is for...

Welcome Song

Henrietta’s Basket: mouse finger puppet

Sign Language: Letter
Song: Be my echo (6 syllables x 2) monster and music, morning and mud
Sign Language: Milk

Flannel Board: Little Mice
1 little mouse, with a nibble and a chew,
Called for a friend…SQUEAK!
And then there were 2.

2 little mice, quick as quick can be,
Called for a friend…SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
And then there were 3.

3 little mice as the scampered ‘round the floor,
Called for a friend…SQUEAK! SQUEAK, SQUEAK
And then there were 4.

4 little mice, with another to arrive,
Called for a friend…SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK!
And then there were five.

Book: Martha in the Middle

Song: 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed
We also sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" for some movement.

Nursery Rhyme: Little Miss Muffet

Book: Me and My Mom

ABC Chant

Good bye Chant

Enrichment: ABC dot-to-dot, mitten match (from Oriental Trading), M&M sort and count.

M&M sort and count is one of my favorite early literacy activities! On a half sheet of paper I made 6 squares and typed in the color words. After I printed them I used the marker to underline the color word with its color. I use the "fun size" packages (which have about 15 candies in them). I give the kids 3 rules when I do this activity:

1. Sort the M&Ms by color
2. Count the number of M&Ms in each square
3. Ask the person who brought you today if you may eat them
To get parents involved instruct them to talk to their child about most, least, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment