Thursday, February 24, 2011

S is for...



Welcome Song

Henrietta’s Basket: Spoon

Sign Language: Letter

Song: Be my echo (6 syllables x 2) socks and swim, school and star

Flannel Board: 5 little snowmen
5 little snowmen fat
Each with a funny hat.
Out came the sun and melted one,
What a sad thing was that!

Continue counting down...

Book: Little Bear’s big sweater (BED)

Song: There’s a spider on the floor
(by Raffi; adapted by Tammy Henry)
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor
There's a spider on the floor, on the floor
Who could ask for any more than a spider on the floor?
There's a spider on the floor on the floor.

There's a spider on my knee...Oh, how can it be?
There's a spider on my leg...Oh, it's really very big
There's a spider on my tummy...Oh, it really isn't funny
There's a spider on my arm...It doesn't mean any harm
There's a spider on my face...Oh, what a big disgrace!
There's a spider on my head...I wish I was in bed!
There's a spider on the floor...

Nursery Rhyme/short poem: Plant a little seed
I plant a little seed in the cold, cold ground
Out comes the yellow sun, big and round
Down come the raindrops soft and slow
Up comes the flower grow, grow, grow!

Book: Aarrgghh! Spider! (MON)

ABC Chant

Good bye Chant

Enrichment: ABC dot-to-dot, sewing cards, spiders and bug counters, use stamps and ink pads

No comments:

Post a Comment