Friday, March 11, 2011

U is for...

One would think the letter 'U' would be one of the hardest to do for storytime, however, I have two books that I always use and it is actually one of my favorite letters to do!

Welcome Song

Henrietta’s Basket: umbrella

Sign Language: Letter

Song: Be my echo (6 syllables x 2) under and umpire, up and ugly

Flannel Board: This little umbrella
Written by Tammy Henry, March, 2010

This little umbrella is black.
It keeps the rain off my back!

This little umbrella is brown.
I have it up all over town.

This little umbrella is yellow.
Reminds me of bowl of jell-o!

This little umbrella is white.
When I open it up, oh what a sight.

This little umbrella is purple.
From the top, a great big circle!

This little umbrella is green.
It’s the prettiest umbrella I've ever seen.

This little umbrella is blue.
We can share it—me and you.

This little umbrella is pink.
A wonderful color, don’t you think?

This little umbrella is red.It keeps the rain off my head.

Poem: Emily's Undies from Button Up: Wrinkled Rhymes
I read this poem after the first child mentions the word "underwear"

Book: Ella, of course!

Song: There’s a spider on the floor
See S is for... for the words of this song. The kids love this song and so it is fun to repeat on U day...I haven't found a song I really love for U.

Nursery Rhyme/short poem: Little Boy Blue

Book: Silly Sally

ABC Chant

Good bye Chant

Enrichment: ABC dot-to-dot, Play UP! Balloon toss with goal to keep the balloon UP!, What’s under the umbrella? page
Be sure to remind parents that balloons are a choking hazard and to watch their children carefully when playing with balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment