Thursday, December 23, 2010

G is for...

Welcome Song

Henrietta’s Basket: glove

Song: Be my echo (6 syllables x 2) goose and grandparents; gift and girl

Sign Language: Letter G

Flannel Board: 5 Green Grasshoppers
5 green grasshoppers playing near my door
1 saw a honey bee, then there were 4
4 green grasshoppers playing near a tree
1 chased a busy fly, then there were 3
3 green grasshoppers looked for something new
1 met a cricket, then there were 2
2 green grasshoppers sitting in the sun
A ladybug called, “come play with me”, then there was 1.
1 green grasshopper said, “I’ll have some fun!”
She went to find her brothers, then there were none!

Book: The Tale of Two Goats

Song: G-R-E-E-N
(Sung to the tune of Bingo)
I have some yellow
I have some blue
I mix them them together to make something new
G-R-E-E-N
And green is that color!

Nursery Rhyme: Goosey, goosey gander

Book: Good Night Gorilla
(I was kind of worried about using a nearly wordless picture book, but my groups were small enough that all children could easily see the pictures. They talked about what was happening and thoroughly enjoyed it!)
ABC Chant

Good bye Chant

Enrichment: Play with the guitar and other musical instruments, decorate “G” with glue and gold glitter! Dot-to-dot, Good Night, Gorilla read together

Good Night, Gorilla Read Together
Dear Families - Young children learn a lot about reading by watching other people read to them. To play this game with your child, paste the pictures on top of the bold type word they describe. Then, with your child "reading" the pictures, read this summary of Good Night, Gorilla.

Idea taken from Adopted from http://curry.virginia.edu/go/wil/Good_Night_Gorilla_Activity_Card.pdf

I found different clip art of animals because I "expanded" the story by having the children add pictures of each animal going back to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment