Thursday, October 13, 2011

H is for House

I developed this storytime for an afternoon group of children 4-7 years old, featuring a Golden Sower book.  Golden Sower is the state Children's Choice Award for Nebraska.

Golden Sower Book:  Creaky Old House (Ashman)
Poem: Mouse House by Mary Ciotkowski from I invited a Dragon to Dinner (illustrated by Demarest)

I had several books selected for the 2nd book; so I could select a book appropriate to the age/attention span of the children present

Book:  Fix-it Duck (Alborough)

OR
Book: Jack's House (Beil)

OR
Book:  The Old House (Edwards)

Activity:  Design your own house.  I had a cut-out of a house, stapled it to a larger piece of paper so the house could "open".  I then folded the paper so it was behind the house, but then could be "opened" to show the whole house!

No comments:

Post a Comment